For legal purposes the German version must be used. The German version has been translated into English as a linguistic reference only to facilitate comprehension, and cannot be used in a court of law.
The competition can be found on Hager Group’s website (http://www.hagergroup.com/photo-competition).
The following entry conditions must be accepted upon registration by everyone wishing to take part in the competition. The entry conditions provide information on how to be in with a chance of winning a prize, as well as relevant time frames and exclusion criteria.
- Hager SE (hereinafter: “Hager Group”) shall host the “Hager Group Photo Competition” (hereinafter: “competition”) from 1st October to 31th October 2015.
- All employees of Hager Group aged 18 or over at the time they enter the competition are be eligible to participate. Participation via automated robots or associations is not permissible.
- Participation in this competition is free; participants are under no obligation to buy any goods or services.
- The competition shall be held from 1st October 2015 to 31 October. During this time, entrants may upload images and videos corresponding to one of the four photo/video categories “training”, “engineering”, “food and cooking” or “nature” to the platform (http://www.hagergroup.com/photo-competition.) Each participant can upload a maximum of 5 photos or videos. All uploaded images and videos may be tagged once with the phrase “I like ” by participants and visitors to the web page; however, they may be commented upon any number of times. The time zone of our competition shall correspond with Central European Time (CET – GMT+1).
- The winning images shall be selected by Hager Group Jury from those with the most “I like” tags.
- The winner of the photo/video competition and their family (max. four people) shall spend one weekend with Edmond Plawczyk in his chalet in the mountains around Château-d’CEx in Switzerland. The winner shall select one of the following weekends for their stay: 09.01.2016 to 10.01.2016, 16.01.2016 to 17.01.2016 or 23.01.2016 to 24.01.2016. No other weekend may be selected. Travel costs (by train if within Europe, by plane if outside Europe) incurred by the winner and their family to reach Château-d’CEx in Switzerland shall be borne by Hager Group. Any costs associated with the aforementioned prize which do not explicitly form part of the prize itself, such as catering or additional travel costs, shall be borne by the winner. The aforementioned prize shall be processed and arranged exclusively and directly between the winner and Hager Group. The winner shall be solely responsible for ensuring that any necessary travel formalities (e.g. valid passport, visa, etc.) have been arranged in advance for all travellers. Should the winner not be able to set out on the journey for reasons for which Hager Group is not responsible, they shall forfeit any claim to the prize and shall not be entitled to receive any form of compensation. Any flights shall be booked as return flights in "economy class", departing from the national airport closest to the stated place of residence and arriving at the aforementioned destination. Any train journeys shall be booked as return journeys in "second class", departing from the train station closest to the stated place of residence and arriving at the aforementioned destination.
The four runners up (places 2 to 5) shall receive a Fitbit Fitness wristband.
Prizes may not be exchanged or awarded as cash pay-outs. Prizes are non-negotiable.
The winners shall be informed in good time using the contact details provided upon entering the competition (email address). The winners must confirm receipt of the prize notification without delay and shall provide any further information requested by Hager Group. If no confirmation is received five (5) working days after the date of notification, Hager Group reserves the right to determine a new winner.
- Any liability assumed by Hager Group, together with its affiliated companies, its entities, its employees and its agents, to pay damages arising from or in connection with the competition, regardless of legal basis, shall be limited to cases of intent and gross negligence. The previous sentence shall not apply to injury to life, limb or health, or in the case of claims relating to the violation of integral contractual obligations. In this respect, Hager Group shall be liable for every degree of negligence. Liability on account of the violation of integral contractual obligations shall, however, be restricted to foreseeable, typically incurring claims.
- Hager Group accepts no liability for goods damaged in transport. The shipping of prizes is undertaken at the expense of Hager Group. Prizes may be shipped internationally.
- Submitted photos/videos must have been taken/filmed by the person entering them into the competition. No third party copyrights may be infringed.
- If a participant wishes to delete their uploaded photo or video, a request via email must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hager Group expressly reserves the right to disqualify or eliminate participants who fail to comply with the competition rules, or who influence or attempt to influence the competition.
- Upon accepting the entry conditions, all participants agree to Hager Group publishing their first and last names on Hager Group website should they win a prize.
- Personal details provided upon entering the competition shall be exclusively used by Hager Group in order to hold and process the photo/video competition. Participants expressly agree to such data being transmitted and stored for this purpose.
- Hager Group retains the right to suspend temporarily or terminate the competition should unforeseen obstacles arise for which Hager Group cannot be held responsible and which cannot be resolved using reasonable effort and expense.
- By taking part in the photo/video competition, each and every participant recognises these entry conditions. Legal action is prohibited. Hager Group is aware that the handling and publication of personal photographs/videos are legally and socially sensitive matters requiring special care. As a matter of principle, we shall not use any photos/videos depicting persons in a defamatory or otherwise negative way.
The entrant confirms that he or she holds all rights in respect of the photo/video submitted, that he or she has unlimited exploitation rights in respect of all parts thereof, that the photo/video is free from any third party rights and that no personal rights are infringed should people appear in the submitted material. If one person or several people are identifiable in the photo/video, such person(s) must have consented to the photo/video being published and used in the media and for the purposes listed below. The entrant confirms that consent has been given and is willing to provide written proof hereof upon request. If, however, third parties make claims on the grounds that their rights have been infringed, the entrant shall release the organiser from any form of liability.
Photos/videos edited on a computer may not contain any parts from magazines, books, purchased CDs, etc.
Granting of rights
Without limitation in terms of time or content, every entrant shall grant Hager Group non-exclusive user rights, including editing rights, in respect of the photos/videos submitted for the competition, reporting rights (irrespective of the chosen medium, i.e. including in print, online, and on social media portals such as Facebook, Google+, etc.), and the right to use the photos/videos for publicity purposes, posters or exhibitions. Furthermore, entrants shall grant the respective rights for the photo/video to be used and made available for Hager Group’s online portal and other digital products (e.g., teasers or advertising banners).
Entries from persons under the age of 18 are subject to the permission of their legal guardian.